Daedalus Aerospace Terms of Service
Last Modified: 2 April 2022
The following terms and conditions govern your Account and use of Services with Daedalus Aerospace. By signing up for Daedalus Aerospace courses or using the Daedalus Aerospace website (our “Services”) or any of the Services of Daedalus Aerospace you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Any new courses, features, or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time here. Daedalus Aerospace reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Daedalus Aerospace website. We recommend that you check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the “Terms of Service” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using Daedalus Aerospace or any Daedalus Aerospace Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
1. Account Terms
You agree to the following terms relating to your account:
- You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Services or have such authorization from your parents or guardian.
- You must provide your full legal name, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the registration process.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your registration information is true, accurate and complete.
- You acknowledge that Daedalus Aerospace will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Daedalus Aerospace cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of Daedalus Aerospace will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
Which means: You have to use your own information to create a valid Daedalus Aerospace Account and you are responsible for the details of that account. Remember that we can cancel your service if you violate any of these terms. If we need to reach you, we will send you an email to the email that you provided.
2. Account Activation
- The person signing up for the Services will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any Services we may provide to the Account.
- If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
Which means: The person signing up for the Daedalus Aerospace Services is responsible for the account and is bound by these Terms of Service. If you signup on behalf of your employer, your employer owns the account and is also bound by our Terms of Service.
3. General Conditions of Use
The following general conditions apply to your use of the Services:
- You are responsible for the conduct on your Account.
- You must ensure that you will not:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without our express written permission;
- misuse the Services by interfering with their normal operation, or attempting to access them using a method other than through the interfaces and instructions we provide;
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent any limitations imposed on your account;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, translate, create derivative works, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to reconstruct, identify or discover any source code, algorithms, underlying ideas or underlying user interface techniques in the Services or any of the software used to provide the Services, or attempt to do so;
- transmit any viruses, malware, or other types of malicious software, or links to such software, through the Services;
- use the Services to infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of others, or to commit any unlawful activity;
- attempt to circumvent any license, timing or use restrictions that are built into the Services; or
- lend, resell, lease or sublicense or otherwise use the Services for the benefit of a third party, unless we have given you prior written authorization
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support@DaedalusAero.Space.
- You understand that your Content (not including payment information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Payment information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- We do not knowingly provide services or sell products to children. If you are below the age of 16, you may use our website or the Services only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information and do not use this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at support@DaedalusAero.Space.
Which means: The Daedalus Aerospace Services belongs to us. You are not allowed to steal or copy it or use it for any illegal or sketchy purpose. On the internet, your content may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted. Do not use our services if you are a minor without the authorization of your parent or guardian.
4. Daedalus Aerospace Rights
The following are Daedalus Aerospace’s rights in regards to the Services and these Terms of Service:
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse our Services to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) by an Account Owner or its representatives directed at any Daedalus Aerospace customer, Daedalus Aerospace employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- We reserve the right to provide our Services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment.
- In the event of a dispute regarding account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
- Daedalus Aerospace retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful account ownership and transfer an account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Account Owner, Daedalus Aerospace reserves the right to temporarily disable an account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
Which means: We can modify, cancel or refuse the Services at anytime. In the event of an ownership dispute over a Daedalus Aerospace account, we can freeze the account or transfer it to the rightful owner.
5. Limitation of Liability
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DAEDALUS AEROSPACE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL DAEDALUS AEROSPACE OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE, OUR SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US AND (AS APPLICABLE) OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DAEDALUS AEROSPACE PARTNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services is provided on an ”as is“ and ”as available“ basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Daedalus Aerospace does not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- IN NO EVENT WILL DAEDALUS AEROSPACE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BY STATUTE, CONTRACT, TORT, OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LESSER OF: THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE DAEDALUS AEROSPACE SERVICES HEREUNDER DURING THE ONE (1) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE.
Which means: We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued. Services are “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties.
6. Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Daedalus Aerospace to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The
Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Daedalus Aerospace and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements
between you and Daedalus Aerospace (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Which means: If Daedalus Aerospace chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later.
These terms of Services make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and Daedalus Aerospace don’t apply if they conflict with these terms.
7. Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- Daedalus Aerospace claims all intellectual property rights over the material and Services provided to you.
- Any ideas, suggestions, concepts, processes, techniques, questions, answers, codes/scripts, and other comments related to our services, site, proposed services, documentation or business (“Feedback”) that you provide to Daedalus Aerospace will be owned by Daedalus Aerospace and you hereby waive any claim you have to ownership, compensation, monetary or otherwise, for providing the Feedback and for Daedalus Aerospace’s use of your Feedback.
- You hereby grant Daedalus Aerospace a non-exclusive right to use your trade-names, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and logos to promote the Daedalus Aerospace service.
- We will not disclose your Confidential Information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our Services. “Confidential Information” includes any materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; (d) we are required by law to disclose; or (e) that you have given your consent or instructed us to disclose.
- If you delete your account or if these Terms of Service are terminated, we will be permitted to retain a copy, including archives, of your Confidential Information or any information that is related to your account (including Content and personal information) if such retention is necessary to meet our legal and compliance obligations.
Which means: Daedalus Aerospace keeps ownership of intellectual property and information provided in our Services. Services are provided for the sole use of Account Owners and are not to be copied or shared. We are allowed to keep a copy of certain information if we are required to do so by law.
8. Payment of Fees
All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and Services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
If you are resident in the U.S., Taxes may apply to your subscription to or purchase of some or all of Daedalus Aerospace’s products and Services, including without limitation, your subscription to or purchase of Daedalus Aerospace’s ecommerce Services (“Taxable Offerings”). Any applicable Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the U.S billing address you provide to us, and will be calculated at the time of purchase of the applicable Taxable Offerings. Such amounts are in addition to fees for the Taxable Offerings and will be billed to the credit card you use to pay for the Taxable Offerings. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
If you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S., and not subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of your subscription to or purchase of Daedalus Aerospace’s products and Services, Daedalus Aerospace will attempt during the purchase process to verify your location and will not charge you tax on top of your purchase. Should Daedalus Aerospace request it, you must provide us with a statement by email to support@DaedalusAero.Space stating that: (i) you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S.; (ii) you are not GST/HST registered; and (iii) to the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, you were not physically present in Canada when Daedalus Aerospace’s products and Services were made available to you. The statement should also include your complete home and/or business location address. To the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, and your location of usage changes to a place in Canada or the U.S., you must advise us immediately by email to support@DaedalusAero.Space.
Daedalus Aerospace does not provide refunds.
Which means: Taxes may apply to your purchase of Services. If you’re in Canada and exempt from Canadian taxes, let us know by giving us your original exemption certificate. No refunds.
9. Cancellation and Termination
You may cancel your account at any time by emailing support@DaedalusAero.Space and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in Daedalus Aerospace’s response.
Once cancellation is confirmed, all of your data will be immediately deleted from the Services. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so. If you request that your data be deleted, Daedalus Aerospace will not be held responsible for any data that is lost. As noted in section 7, above, if you remove Content, we may retain a copy of necessary to meet our legal and compliance obligations.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice at any time.
Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Daedalus Aerospace may prevent you from creating an account or suspend or terminate any account that you create if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Services.
Which means: To initiate a cancellation, email support@DaedalusAero.Space. Daedalus Aerospace will respond with specific information regarding the cancellation process for your account. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted and we are allowed to keep a copy, as required by law. Any fraud and we will suspend or cancel your account.
10. Modifications to the Services and Prices
Prices for using Daedalus Aerospace are subject to change without notice from Daedalus Aerospace.
Daedalus Aerospace reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Daedalus Aerospace shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
Which means: We may change or discontinue the Services at anytime, without liability.
11. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
11.1 General Policy
Daedalus Aerospace has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). It is Daedalus Aerospace’s policy to (a) block access to or remove Content that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of its affiliates, content providers, or users; and (b) remove and discontinue Services to repeat offenders.
11.2 Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that Content residing on or accessible through the Daedalus Aerospace web site or Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the Content that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the Content that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Daedalus Aerospace is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the Content is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
11.3 Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by Daedalus Aerospace’s Support Team
It is Daedalus Aerospace’s policy to notify the Content provider or user that an infringement notification has been received and that the Content will be removed at the end of 24 hours unless a counter-notice is supplied to Daedalus Aerospace. If no counter-notice complying with Section 11.4 below is supplied, the infringing content will be removed from the system.
11.4 Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to Daedalus Aerospace
If the Content provider, or user believes that the Content that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the Content provider or user believes that it has the right to post and use such Content from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the Content provider or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to Daedalus Aerospace’s Support Team listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Content provider or user;
- Identification of the Content that is claimed to be infringing;
- A statement that the Content provider or user has a good faith belief that the infringement notification was received as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Content provider’s or user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the Content provider’s or user’s address is located, or if the Content provider’s or user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Daedalus Aerospace is located, and that such person or entity will accept Services of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by Daedalus Aerospace’s Support Team, Daedalus Aerospace will restore access to the Content and notify the original complaining party. The Content will then remain published unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider or user.
11.5 Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
Please contact Daedalus Aerospace's Support Team to submit a Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Name – Daedalus Aerospace, LLC, Attn: Copyright Infringement
Email – support@DaedalusAero.Space
Which means: Daedalus Aerospace respects intellectual property rights and you should too. If we receive a DMCA Notice, we may disable access or remove the allegedly infringing content from your website. If you don’t think the claim is valid, you can proceed with a counter notification.
If you believe one of our customers is infringing your intellectual property rights, you can send Daedalus Aerospace a DMCA Notice. We will expeditiously disable access or remove the content and notify the customer. Be advised that we post all notices we receive.
The parties have agreed that this arrangement will be established and all related documents be written in English.
Which means: We both wanted these terms to be in English.