How we protect your privacy
Last Update: April 2, 2022
We’ve broken this policy down into different sections so you can better understand what areas are applicable to you.
POLICY IS PART OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
We do not knowingly provide services or sell products to children. If you are below the age of 16, you may use our website only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information and do not use this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
2. Information from our students/subscribers
In order to provide you with our Services, we collect and store information about our students so that they can benefit from our Services. Here are some more details on what information we collect and why.
- We collect the name, email, and other personal information from our customers. Name and email are needed to allow individuals to access our Services for processes such as processing enrolments, authentication, or otherwise administering courses. This information is given on a voluntary basis when a customer uses or accesses our Services, for example when a customer visits a Daedalus Aerospace site, enrolls in a course, or signs up for an account on a Daedalus Aerospace site.
- We collect information about how our students interact with the course(s) and website(s), including but not limited to, their progress through the course, quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and other student activities.
- Daedalus Aerospace processes this information via the Thinkific learning platform in order to administer the Services. Daedalus Aerospace may retain a copy of students’ information in order to comply with its legal or regulatory obligations.
- Some transactions between learners and our website or courses may involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services. In such transactions, we will collect information related to the transaction in order to provide you with the Services, including a billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
- We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
- Third-party tools or integrations essential for course delivery may collect your personal information in accordance with their terms. Daedalus Aerospace has no control over third-party tools or integrations and you expressly acknowledge that Daedalus Aerospace is not responsible for the privacy practices associated with such tools and integrations.
3. Information from Daedalus Aerospace website visitors and support users
- We collect information from visitors to the Daedalus Aerospace website including your IP address and how you interact with our website. We also collect information such as when you visited, the website from where you came prior to visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our website, your computer’s operating system, location data, and the type of web browser that you are using.
- We also collect Personal Information submitted by you via any messaging or email feature available from any of our websites.
- We may also receive Personal Information when you submit help tickets or make other requests to Daedalus Aerospace via any of our websites,
- We also collect the name and phone number of our telephone support users.
- For all those that email us for support we collect name, email address, location, Daedalus Aerospace site address, as well as any exchange with a Daedalus Aerospace agent
- If you use our forum or community, we collect your name and any content that you post.
We collect this information when you visit Daedalus Aerospace-hosted webpages, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us. We use this information to provide and enhance our Services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
4. Information from cookies and similar tracking technology
5. Information that we share with third parties
Daedalus Aerospace works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
Personal Information may be shared with third-party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns. Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our homepage.
Daedalus Aerospace will ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 5.
6. Terminating your relationship with us
When you decide to terminate your relationship with us, you may request that we delete your information. We try our best to comply with such requests but will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
7. What we don’t do with your Personal Information
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
8. Keeping your personal information secure
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes, and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
We exclusively process payments through PCI DSS Level 1 payment providers, which is the highest level of compliance available.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
9. Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Daedalus Aerospace works with merchants and users around the world, including in the EEA. Please note that as part of our Services, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including to the United States and Canada.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. In order to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
10. How do we protect your information across borders?
Daedalus Aerospace is a United States company that provides services to customers around the world. Accordingly, Daedalus Aerospace may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located. Daedalus Aerospace ensures that any such transfer is done in accordance with regulations including transfers to countries where the EC reached an “adequacy decision” about the country where the receiver is based, or transfers being covered by “appropriate safeguards” including, for example, standard contractual clauses.
11. User Names and Passwords
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. Do not give your password to anyone. If you enter a section of our website that requires a password, you should log out when you leave. As a safety precaution, you should also close out of your web browser completely and re-open it before viewing other parts of the Internet.
12. Accessing and Correcting your Information
If you have an account with us, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may use autoresponders to communicate with you by e-mail. To protect your privacy, we use a verified opt-in system for such communications and you can always opt-out of such communications using the links contained in each autoresponder message. If you have difficulties opting out, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to [email protected], or sending us mail to the address listed below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
15. Policy Changes
If you are concerned about the topic covered by this policy, you should read it each time before you use our website. Any questions or concerns about this policy should be brought to our attention by sending an e-mail to [email protected] and providing us with information relating to your concern.